Latest News from the Department
As we begin 2019, here is a look back at the Planning Department’s highlights of 2018.
- Completion of the Jeffersonville Tree Walk – For more info, see: cityofjeff.net/treewalk
- Planning, Design and Groundbreaking for Chapel Lake Park – Please see our Long Range Planning page for more information on the City’s first new park north of Highway 265!
- Finalization of the 10th Street Strategic Investment Plan – For more info, go to cityofjeff.net/10thstreet
- Meeting with over 120 local residents and business owners to ReEnvision Court Avenue. Please see our Long Range Planning page for more information on this new master plan initiative.
- Installation of three Louvelo Bike Share Stations in Downtown Jeffersonville
- Partnership with Greater Clark County Schools to create a new Downtown Elementary School
- Grand Opening of the NoCo Arts and Cultural District & completion of Picasso Pointe at the Vintage Fire Museum lot.
- Removal of Invasive Vegetation in Vissing Park – This project to remove non-native shrubs that were choking out the native vegetation was initiated by the planning department. The project was completed in late December. Following removal, the forests of Vissing Park will be much healthier in years to come.
- Groundbreaking for Ellingsworth Commons, Villas of Jeffersonville, Colston Park Condominiums, and several other housing developments in Jeffersonville.
500 Quartermaster Court, Suite 200 Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Phone: (812) 285-6413 | Fax: (812) 285-6468
Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, M-F
Code Enforcement is now supervised by the Building Commission, please visit their page here.
The City of Jeffersonville is a unique and dynamic community situated on the banks of the Ohio River. As the City continues to evolve as part of the growing Louisville Metropolitan Area, the Jeffersonville Planning & Zoning Department is committed to facilitating development and improving quality of life for community residents, business owners, and other community stakeholders. Our aim is to serve as a resource and catalyst for smart growth and development that enhances the City and ensures that Jeffersonville remains a unique and special place.
The Planning and Zoning Department actively seeks to facilitate change through long-range planning initiatives, creative place-making, strategic infrastructure improvements, and amendments to public policy. Collaborative planning with citizens, businesses, organizations and institutions is integral to our work. The Department enforces the city’s Zoning Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan, and Subdivision Control Ordinance and operates under Indiana Codes 36-7-4, 36-7-10, and 36-7-10.
1. The Jeffersonville Planning & Zoning Department provides staff support for the city’s Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals and serves as a resource to citizens and developers who need assistance with the city’s development and zoning controls
Land Use & Zoning – This page contains resources for new development in the city. This includes the Zoning Ordinance and Map, the Comprehensive Plan, Applications, and information related to overlay districts and amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
Long Range Planning – This page contains resources regarding the long term future of development in the city, including the Comprehensive Plan, other special area plans and the Housing and Employment Forecast.
Plan Commission & Board of Zoning Appeals – This page contains information and resources related to the Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. It contains applications and fees and information regarding public meeting dates.