Latest News from the Department
As we begin 2020, here is a look back at the Planning Department’s highlights of 2019.
- Reconstruction of three blocks of Spring Street in the Claysburg Neighborhood were; the first phase of the Spring Street Master Plan.
- Substantial construction underway at Chapel Lake Park – Please see our Long Range Planning page for more information on the City’s first new park north of Highway 265!
- Planting of 100 new trees in the Downtown and Near-Downtown neighborhoods thanks to a significant donation from the Pfau Oil Company to the Jeffersonville Urban Enterprise Association.
- Completing phase one of a project to expand all the existing tree wells on Spring Street. The project supports the longevity of the existing trees on the street and removes buckling sidewalk pavers. In the process, eight new trees were planted along the street.
- Kicking-off of the LouVelo bike share’s expansion into Jeffersonville – the three new stations have been some of the top performers in the LouVelo System. https://louvelo.com/
- Assisting with a new Master Plan for the NoCo Arts and Cultural District. For more information on NoCo go to https://www.jeffersonvilleart.com/noco-district
- Revising the Neighborhood Commercial Zoning Standards and “right-zoning” several commercial properties on Tenth street between Penn St. and Main St.
- Working with GRW consultants to overhaul the Jeffersonville Sign code.
- Permitting over 2 million square feet of new commercial and industrial construction and over 550 new housing units in Jeffersonville.
- Groundbreaking for the Gateway Development at 10th and Spring – now fully under construction.
The City of Jeffersonville is a unique and dynamic community situated on the banks of the Ohio River. As the City continues to evolve as part of the growing Louisville Metropolitan Area, the Jeffersonville Planning & Zoning Department is committed to facilitating development and improving quality of life for community residents, business owners, and other community stakeholders. Our aim is to serve as a resource and catalyst for smart growth and development that enhances the City and ensures that Jeffersonville remains a unique and special place.
The Planning and Zoning Department actively seeks to facilitate change through long-range planning initiatives, creative place-making, strategic infrastructure improvements, and amendments to public policy. Collaborative planning with citizens, businesses, organizations and institutions is integral to our work. The Department enforces the city’s Zoning Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan, and Subdivision Control Ordinance and operates under Indiana Codes 36-7-4, 36-7-10, and 36-7-10.
The Jeffersonville Planning & Zoning Department provides staff support for the city’s Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals and serves as a resource to citizens and developers who need assistance with the city’s development and zoning controls
Land Use & Zoning – This page contains resources for new development in the city. This includes the Zoning Ordinance and Map, the Comprehensive Plan, Applications, and information related to overlay districts and amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
Long Range Planning – This page contains resources regarding the long term future of development in the city, including the Comprehensive Plan, other special area plans and the Housing and Employment Forecast.
Plan Commission & Board of Zoning Appeals – This page contains information and resources related to the Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. It contains applications and fees and information regarding public meeting dates.
500 Quartermaster Court, Suite 200 Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Phone: (812) 285-6413 | Fax: (812) 285-6468
Hours: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, M-F
Chad Reischl, Planning and Zoning Director – Email Chad
Shelby Moore, Planning and Zoning Administrator – Email Shelby
Cassie Nichols, Administrative Assistant – Email Cassie
Note: Code Enforcement is now supervised by the Building Commission, please visit their page here.