CITY CLERK’S OFFICE
|Peggy Hardaway||Violation Clerk||812-280-3258|
|Kailey Coursey||Traffic Clerk||812-285-6432|
VICKI CONLIN, JEFFERSONVILLE CITY CLERK
Vicki is in her second term as Jeffersonville First City Clerk. She is a member of the Indiana League of Municipal Clerk & Treasurers (ILMCT), ILMCT Legislative Committee , Executive Committee and Resolution Chairperson for the Indiana League of Municipal Clerk & Treasurers (ILMCT), AIM Administrative Policy Committee. Board Member Clark County Youth Shelter and Board Member Family Ark.
(Jeffersonville became a Class 2 City in January 2012)
City Hall, 500 Quartermaster Court Suite 156 (FIRST FLOOR)
Office Phone: 812-285-6427
Vicki’s Direct Line 812-285-6496
Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., M-F
View the City Council Social Media Pages
REQUEST FOR PUBLIC RECORDS
Click here for the Request for Public Records form.
PUBLIC RECORDS ARE THE CLERK’S TOP PRIORITY
Besides the Statutory Duties as City Clerk prescribed in IC 36-4-10 (below), as your City Clerk I also do the following responsibilities not my staff:
- Prepare the Agenda and Packets for the Common Council
- Check all Ordinances and Resolutions
- Responsible for City’s Traffic/Ordinance Violation Bureau
- Attend Board of Public Works and Finance Committee Meetings and prepares minutes for approval
- Submit claims in the Common Council Budget for Property and Casualty premiums and claims, Health Insurance premiums.
- Submit claims for the Police and Fire Merit Commissions
- Research ordinances, resolutions, minutes in historical books
- Accept closed BIDS for Departments throughout the City for Purchasing of Equipment, Buildings and Sites, Paving etc.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping and computerization of all municipal documents
- Record/Video Council meetings, upload on Facebook and Youtube
- Administer Oaths
- Serve as Notary of the Public at no charge
- Perform Marriages
- Maintain the City Council and Clerk Web pages
Municipal Clerk is governed by Indiana Code.IC 36-4-10
City Clerk or City Clerk-Treasurer; Election; Fiscal Officer; Term of Office; Immunity
IC 36-4-10-4 Clerk; duties
Sec. 4. The clerk shall do the following:
- Serve as clerk of the city legislative body under IC 36-4-6-9 and maintain custody of its records.
- Maintain all records required by law.
- Keep the city seal.
- As soon as a successor is elected and qualified, deliver to the successor all the records and property of the clerk’s office.
- Perform other duties prescribed by law.
- Administer oaths when necessary in the discharge of the clerk’s duties, without charging a fee.
- Take depositions, without charging a fee.
- Take acknowledgement of instruments that are required by statute to be acknowledged, without charging a fee.
- Serve as clerk of the city court under IC 33-35-3-2, if the judge of the court does not serve as clerk of the court or appoint a clerk of the court under IC 33-35-3-1.
As added by Acts 1980, P.L.212, SEC.3. Amended by P.L.36-1986, SEC.3; P.L.189-1988, SEC.1; P.L.33-1998, SEC.9; P.L.98-2004, SEC.160