Frequently Asked Questions
To report an ordinance violation, call the Building Department at 812-285-6476 or you can email Kailey Coursey at opens in a new email@example.com or Bing Lovan at opens in a new firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordinance Violation Issues include:
- Grass Taller than 9”
- Overgrowth that impedes onto the sidewalk or blocks traffic view
- Inoperable unlicensed vehicles being stored on property
- Vehicles parked on grass
- Commercial vehicles stored in a residential zone
- Recreational vehicles parked so that they project past the front of the home
- Trash or garbage containers left upon the sidewalk, the area between a street and sidewalk or the front yard, except for trash and garbage collection purposes
- General maintenance: The exterior of a structure shall be maintained in good repair, structurally sound and sanitary so as not to pose a threat to the public health, safety or welfare
- Unsecured vacant structures
- Outdoor storage of boxes, appliances, household items, tires or accumulation of trash
For more information, please visit the Building Page.
Trash cans must be on wheels, have hinged lids and be capable of being picked up mechanically. The Sanitation Department sells this type of can for $75 each, which is the city’s cost to purchase the cans from the manufacturer. Similar cans are also available for purchase from private-sector retailers. Email Debbie Gardner – email@example.com – to order a new trash receptacle.
Visit our Sanitation Page for more information
Payments are due to the Utility Billing Office on the 10th day of each month. Payments may be by cash, check or money order, credit/debit card or sewer customers may opt to enroll in electronic funds transfer.
We accept credit and debit cards, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, as well as electronic checks.
You can drop off payments in our office on the first floor of City Hall, 500 Quartermaster Court, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You can pay your bill after regular business hours by dropping off your payment in either of our two drop boxes. Drop boxes are located: (1) To the left of the front doors at City Hall and (2) Behind City Hall, in the driveway leading to Twelfth Street.
Mail payments to:
Jeffersonville Wastewater Department
PO Box 1588
Jeffersonville, IN 47131
Call Toll Free at 844-903-0256 to pay your bill over the phone using a credit/debit card.
- NOTE: There will be a $2.50 convenience fee added to credit/debit card transactions.
If you want to sign up to have your sewer bill payment made through Electronic Funds Transfer, download the ETF Authorization Form.opens PDF file
If your trash was not picked up, call the Sanitation Department at 812-285-6455 to report it. Please keep in mind, according to City Ordinance, trash must be out by 6:00 a.m. Sanitation crews do record addresses of homes that do not have their trash out. The City does not pick loose bags off the ground.
The Jeffersonville Police Records Division is open 8 a.m.- 7 p.m., Monday through Friday and is closed on weekends and public holidays. Reports are generally available to the public three business days after the report was submitted to police. There is no charge for copies of incident reports.
Copies of vehicle crash reports cost $5 each if picked up in person or $12 each if accessed online at buycrash.com. Please note that buycrash.com is a third-party provider of crash reports that is owned by Open Portal Solutions (formerly Holt Sheets) of Greenwood, Indiana and utilized by law enforcement agencies such as the Jeffersonville Police Department and Indiana State Police.
For more information visit the Police Page.